There’s nothing like a brand new year to take a step back and think about what you want to achieve in the New Year. I was an advocate of New Year’s Resolutions when I was back at school, thinking every year this would be my year and thinking a date can change a person but it never did. So now instead of setting myself resolutions, I look at them more as goals for the year.
Looking at my goals for this year they’re mainly fitness related, which isn’t surprising as I’m a fitness freak – I don’t look like a fitness freak but I go to the gym every day! Back in 2011 at the beginning of the year I set myself a goal of not eating chocolate until my birthday (31st March) and somehow, I managed to not have a single bit of chocolate. Anyway, here are my goals for the year:
- Achieve a pull up – since I started my fitness journey, I’ve always wanted to do a pull up but I’ve got poor arm strength and six years later it’s not a lot better, however I hope 2018 is the year I achieve my first unassisted pull up.
- Improve my flexibility – I used to do gymnastics however my flexibility has never been great. I’ve always wanted to be able to do the splits and without improving my flexibility it will be impossible to do.
- Finally get my body to somewhere I’m happy – This is another post in itself but a quick overview. I lost 3 stone when I was 17 after being the big one in school. However even 3 stone lighter I was still not happy, then I went to university and started to drink more/ eat fast food nd gained a lot of the weight I lost, meaning I’m still unhappy with my body. I’ve started a new programme – The Ultimate Full Body Guide (From Carys Gray), I love the change up with routines and started counting my macros again. So I’m hoping 2018 is the year I start to love my body and finally get a bikini pic!
- Save, save, save – I’m terrible at saving, so my aim for this year is to put money back every month and then treat myself to something at the end of the year!
- Finally, be happy. Really, truly happy. I’ve always put other people in my life first and if I stick to my goal of caring more about myself and putting myself first, then I hope in turn this year will be one to remember.
So, there we go, my goals for the year. What are your 2018 goals?